Pupil Premium Statement
The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for Free School Meals and their peers.
Children with families in the Armed Services and children in the care of the Local Authority are also eligible for the grant.
It is for schools to decide how the money is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility. Schools are free to spend the money as they see fit, however they will be held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils.
At New Pasture Lane Primary School we have extensive provision across the school; initiatives which are deployed to support children to 'bridge the gap' in performance.
The Pupil Premium funding therefore is used to pay for, as appropriate,
- 1 to 1 tuition in English and Maths
- Small Group Work
- Specific intervention programmes e.g. supporting children to overcome problems caused by Dyslexia
- Additional Teaching Assistant support
- Social and Emotional support groups.
- Speech and Language Specialists
- Subsidising curriculum enrichment activities to ensure fair access for all
- Breakfast club
- Parent Support Advisor three days per week
- Music provision
We track the progress of pupil premium children to ensure they are making expected or above expected progress. Close observation of the results achieved by Pupil Premium children ensures that if a child should show signs of falling behind, they are provided with the necessary support offered by one of our interventions.
Updated Nov 2023